We have put together the following policies to make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable time. Please note that individual events may have their own additional policies. These events will each have any special rule outlined in their respective sections on our website.
The first and second time someone breaks a rule, we will give them a warning. A third incident will result in a ban from the convention. Please note that incidents do not necessarily involve the same rule being broken (violating three different rules can still result in a ban). At our discretion, individual cases may be escalated rather than following the usual steps, and legal action may be taken if appropriate. These measures will typically involve only the most severe breaches of policy.
- Local law: If it is illegal in the U.S., State of California, or City of Anaheim, it is not allowed at AM2. Rules of the Anaheim Convention Center or hotel must also be obeyed.
- Theft: Anyone caught stealing will be banned for life and prosecuted by law.
- No Aggression: Physical or verbal aggression towards others (e.g. threats, harassment, stalking, or the use of physical force) is unacceptable. The protection of this rule extends to all people, including guests, staff, facility personnel, and attendees.
○ Sexual misconduct is grounds for immediate removal from the convention and potential legal action. Some examples include indecent exposure, inappropriate physical contact, and sexual harassment (verbal or otherwise).
- No functional weaponry: This includes any firearms, bladed items and electric self defense devices, etc. For more details and our rules regarding prop weapons, please see the Weapons Policy.
○ Any functional weapon purchased in the Exhibit Hall must remain in it’s original packaging and must be taken off the event site within thirty minutes.
○ More Rules
- No open alcohol outside of designated areas (e.g. hotel bars).
- No illegal drugs.
- No smoking outside of designated areas.
- No unapproved business activity: This includes any solicitation, sales, and distribution of advertisements/samples/etc that AM2 has not explicitly granted permission for.
- Dress appropriately: You should wear at least a non-thong swimsuit or equivalent. This is a suggested minimum. We reserve the right to deem a costume inappropriate and ask you to either change or leave the event site.
- Behave responsibly: Attendees should avoid actions which might be considered dangerous, disruptive, or offensive.
○ Dangerous behavior examples include: running, jumping, climbing, and mock-fighting.
○ Disruptive behavior examples include: shouting and other actions that disturb those around you.
○ Offensive behaviour examples include: vulgar language and the use of sexual/religious/ethnic slurs.
- No brandishing: Even if a prop is approved as part of a costume, it must still be handled carefully. Please do not use props in any way that could potentially harm people. Please see the Weapons Policy for details.
- No signs: This includes traditional signs as well as sandwich board style signs, or clothing with messages that might be considered solicitous or offensive.
○ Exceptions may be made for signs which are clearly established as core to a character (i.e. “Objection!” sign used as part of a Phoenix Wright costume). All such exceptions are treated as prop weapons and must be approved in the same way. Offensive or solicitous messages are still not allowed.
- Comply with staff requests: Please cooperate with AM^2 staff who ask you to clear an area, move along, etc. These sorts of requests are typically made so that we can facilitate seating for panels/concerts/etc efficiently and start events on time..
- Photographs and video: In general photography and video recording are welcomed at AM2. However, there are some restrictions that we ask you follow.
○ Photos and video taken at AM2 should be for personal use only. Photos and video used for sale or media publication require written permission. See Press Policy for more details
○ Be sure the person doesn’t mind having his/her picture taken. Just holding up your camera is often enough to get the person to nod okay. When people do not want to be photographed (eating, talking on phone, etc), please respect their wishes and leave them alone.
○ Photos and video are not allowed at any event involving a Guest of Honor unless otherwise indicated. Many Guests of Honor are sensitive about being photographed, please respect their wishes.
○ Try not to block the road while taking photos or video. This is especially true in hallways or crowded lobbies. Do what you can to stay out of the flow of traffic.
○ Photos and video are not allowed at the Art Show.
○ Photos and video are allowed in Artist Alley only with permission from the artist.
○ By attending AM2, you are giving us permission to photograph or record you and to use the generated media without compensation to you. We reserve the right to extend this permission to select individuals (e.g. press/industry) as we see fit.
○ If you are in violation of any of these rules, we reserve the right to delete the offending material from your memory card.
- Guests/Autographs policy: please see this link.
- Children: Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
○ Children should be given a card with contact information for their parent or guardian. Please include at least two phone numbers in case we are unable to reach anyone at the first one.
○ If your child becomes lost, please go to one of our Information booths and ask for the phone number to our Convention Operations (ConOps) department. Unattended children will be taken to ConOps while we locate their parents. ConOps also coordinates all searches for missing children.
By entering any facility occupied by AM2, you are knowingly accepting and understood all the terms and conditions set forth from the Code of Conduct/Weapons Policy. In addition, you will abide by all rules, regulations and requirements set forth by AM2, the City of Anaheim and the state of California. You further agree to hold AM2, its staff/volunteers/partners/parent organization/exhibitors/contractors/vendors harmless of any injuries/accidents/death incurred during your participation at AM2.